More on Ole & Hop, the official mascots of the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, here http://t.co/OoIuqgcwib #Spain2014 pic.twitter.com/17gCmXzvGt
— FIBA (@FIBA) January 31, 2014
If you're paying attention, Ole and Hop resemble the two hands at the logo of #Spain2014. But wait, haven't you seen these goofy hands from somewhere? These are the 10 things are pals, Ole and Hop, aren't:
10. Mascots of team handballCoz you know, that's a totally different sport. But hey, it's kinda like soccer and basketball rolled into one.
9. Mascots of NAMBLAHey, you gotta use hands when going out with your boy.
8. Mascots of a glove companyGloves aren't supposed to be this colorful.
7. Your hands this New Year's EveFIBA's way too classy to use your severed fingers.
6. Instruments to slap JollibeeWhile Jollibee's ass is way too big, it'll be hilarious to see Jollibee being chased by slap-itchy Ole and Hop around town.
5.The personification of a dirty fingerThey have way too many fingers.
4. Alley-ooping superstarsYes, Ole and Hop's names came from "alley-oop". But they can't do that since their palms are too big.
3. Used by China to draw the 9-dash lineFIBA used them to draw the lines at the #Spain2014 courts though.
2. Used to grab Mr. MetMrs. Met, the Baby Mets, the New York Mets and Bud Selig will certainly sue FIBA if that happens.
1. Mascots of the World Masturbatory FoundationIf you're all alone, thank heavens all of your 10 fingers are still intact.
I have this sneaking suspicion that Ole, the red/orange one, turns out to be gay. Too bad the Russians didn't make it. Are they supposed to be brothers? Or friends? Because when there are two mascots, usually, one is male and the other is female, but on this case, they're both... hands. Like SpongeBob and Patrick. Can we see them slap each other at halftime? Or massage Beau Belga's belly?